For many years, RELC has supported Project Hope and the Project Hope Food Pantry and collects items during the year to help keep their shelves stocked. Items are collected in our Outreach Corner and delivered.
• Cream soups, canned meats (tuna, spam, sardines, chicken, salmon)
• Seasoning packets-taco, chili, gravy, etc.
• Canned pasta meals, canned tomatoes
• Crackers, crispy onions
• Pancake Mix, cornbread mix, cake mixes including: spice & canned pumpkin
Personal Care & Household Needs:
• Bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, lotion
• Toothpaste, Toothbrushes
• Toilet Paper, facial tissue & paper towels
• Dish soap, small bottles of laundry detergent
• Diapers sizes 4, 5, & 6: Tear Free Shampoo
• Gently used infant, children and plus size adult clothing. Long sleeve shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, boots & coats.
In addition, Project Hope invites you to participate in their Direct Your Dollars program through SpartanNash Company. By you saving your receipts from participating grocery stores, they will receive $1,000 for every $150,000 in receipts.
Participating stores in Nebraska are: Bag ‘N Save, No Frills, Family Fresh, and Supermercado Nuestra Familia.
Details have been posted in the Outreach Corner at RELC by the Local & World Service Team, RELC’s sponsor of the project and partnership with Project Hope.
Project Hope is grateful for donations of clothing, as welll; including career clothing to enable the clients as they apply for jobs. They do not accept used under garments. They are always thankful for monetary donations which go toward paying salaries and other expenses. Read about all that Project Hope does here.